Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I apply?
- When is the application deadline?
- Are application accepted on a first-come first-serve basis?
- When will I know if I’ve been accepted?
- Who are the program instructors?
- Are programs residential?
- Can students drive to campus?
- Where can I find drop-off/pick-up/parking information?
- How will I get updates about programs?
- Are lunches provided during summer programs?
- Can the camps be canceled?
1. How do I apply?
Click on the Application Info. page tab on the top left.
2. When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is May 24th. We can accommodate 20 campers in each camp. Hence, we will stop accepting applications after 20 students have been accepted. Once we accept 20 students for a camp, we will notify that on the website.
3. Are application accepted on a first-come first-serve basis?
Acceptance is not first come first serve. We will review the applications on a rolling basis. So, applications received within a small range of days might receive same considerations. However, since the camps have limited capacity, early application is encouraged.
4. When will I know if I’ve been accepted?
We expect to review applications and inform about acceptance within three weeks of receiving it.
5. Who are the program instructors?
One faculty members and two/three undergraduate student of the VSU CS department.
6. Are programs residential?
No. These are day camps.
7. Can students drive to campus?
Students can drive to campus with written notification signed by a parent/guardian. This notification must be given to the camp instructor the first morning of the program. Parking on campus is extremely limited, hence students who are planning to drive to campus MUST email Dr. Krishnendu Roy for further information about parking.
8. Where can I find drop-off/pick-up/parking information?
All these information will be send to the accepted student's parents approximately one week before the camps.
9. How will I get updates about programs?
We send updates, application status, payment deadlines, and important program information via email. EMAIL IS OUR PRIMARY MEANS OF COMMUNICATION. It is of the utmost importance that the parent email address you provide us on your application is spelled correctly and checked often.
10. Are lunches provided during summer programs?
Your program fees include payment for lunch each day.
11. Can the camps be canceled?
We need at least ten campers per camp in order for the camp to be financially viable. If we do not receive sufficient number of applications for any of our camps, we reserve the right to cancel any camp a week prior to the start of the camp. If a camp is canceled, we will try to accommodate accepted applications of the canceled camp in our other camp. If we fail to do so, we will give full refund of the fees.